Skip to main content

Happy Birthday To Me.


Seeing how far I've come,
I've got to say thank you Mom.
From being the thing you hoped for,
Now being the thing I hope for.
This is me saying a happy birthday to me,
And a multitude Thanks, to you mom.

You are my saving grace,
You both,
I can't imagine where I'd be without you both.
At age 22 I still cry to you,
Well I did the other day on the phone,
How I called you randomly and told you about how much I've missed and still miss Grandma,
And you understood each tear.

It's my birthday today,
As I transit into that Jordan age.
And even though the spot light shines on me today,
I also take this time to appreciate you, 
Make my spot light yours.
And even if there's no one there to glamour at your spot light,
I'd be your exceeding crowd to wonder on your wonders.
As a gentleman you've raised,
You've always told me how a king should let his queen have the spot light.

Your number one button I push,
Anytime I bring up matters concerning my dad.
See mom I don't do this on purpose,
Sometimes I get carried away with how you've played the father and mother role, good enough.
And I hate how we have meaningless fights about it, shit is demeaning, I swear mom.

And I'll admit it mom, a beautiful face led me to church,
But a beautiful soul took me in to seek the Face of The Lord.
It's crazy how you've always wanted me to find such, 
Some parental goals. 

Thank you Mom,
For giving me my first gift on this day,
Well over two decades ago.
This is me saying a happy birthday to me,
And a multitude Thanks, to you mom.
I love you both till forever.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

1AM

It's 1AM, As I think back 5 hours ago, Watching grown folks indulge in the idea of marriage. Such a beautiful thing when its true essence is given, However the case, The reverse isn't the same. I felt like a bird on a mountain top,   Looking down with a vision of that of an eagle trying to see what I can get from it. I listened as they rambled about adult jokes. A soothsayer wasn't needed as the drift in class could be told.   The song on the radio is sung along by a wife, With lyrics that seem to shred fragments of the heart. A beautiful voice but with emotion and pain littered around it. The rest said their good nights to their spouse over the phone. Standing over on my balcony as the clock is 17 minutes away from hitting 1AM, Lonely as hell, But somehow I find confidence and comfort when I seldom let my thoughts run loose, Days when they are controlled, I seem to run low on the double C. My heart seems like an uncaged beas...

Gran Torino (The Raconteur)

Gran Torino I wrote a letter to the sky, in the middle of the night, Sailing from euphoria to your heart. A beautiful destination, Never seen a place like this. Stranger now,   But someday I'll make this heart mine. I could make this heart my safe haven. Do you own this heart? I mean can you let me make a claim of your heart? I'm a mess currently, Scared to see something beautiful when I'm a mess, Cause I feel it's the right thing at the wrong time, So I consume my darkness and let your heart be my city of light. The spring boulevard, Springs me down a city of light. Like a knight, I’m your shinning amour, Shinning ever-brighter, Tranquil to serenade thy mind, A visionary to the ordinary. I'll travel to the moon and set you apart from the stars, Let me gaze at you in the beauty of the night, Travel through your galaxy and milk on your Milky Way. A shooting star at night but a treasure by day, Nothing phy...

Untitled.

See every time we went out, Everyone noticed you and kept me at bay, Like I wasn't there. I hate when it happens. I know you're well known across these lands  And I'm just a foreigner, On Strangers tide. Often time, I'll play the buster girl, Doing the who is? Call me crazy, Call me jealous, I call me greedy, But all I wanted was, The strings of our heartbeat in perfect accordance, To an unheard melody.   All of you, And all that was in your heart was my desire, Felt like it was too much to ask. I know I had gone astray, And I needed a second chance. Who doesn’t? It looked hard, everything was against me, Even my own shadow was.   The face I thought that shinned brightest, Couldn't create a spark during my dark times.  Guess I figured why I was mostly kept at bay, Just a little too late. We were untitled.