Skip to main content

Tatted Angel (The Raconteur)


She's the girl every girl looks up to,
She's the girl most parents wish was theirs,
The girl every guy wish was his.
Her modesty, she portrays, 
Makes her the girl everyone wanted around.

Orphan girl from a young age,
She struggled with her grandmother who taught her the core values of a lady.
She listened to grandma,
As grandma's words brought that of wisdom.
Grandma's words gave her guidance and made her the girl everyone wanted around them,
At least it seemed but there was more of her that was far from their eyes.

A young beautiful girl,
She's seen her friends attain some kind of "next level",
She feels detached from her friends she's done everything with.
Grandma's words knocks on her membrane,
She has an inner conversation with her conscience,
She's faced with two different choices that could well pan out her life overtime.

She visualises herself a superstar,
The visions of the glamour attain heights in her mind,
Which then made grandma's words less remembered,
She's deviated from her lessons.
The weekend is where she becomes her true self in the big city,
During the week she feels caged under grandma's umbrella.
She's become a different kind of Angel she's known for,
Her new found way now wanders the path of the dark angel.

Her mouth has become smoother than that of oil,
And her lips sweeter than that of honey,
Her path is that of the highway to hell,
With remains of a woodworm.
Do you wanna wander this path?

Tatted Angel,
In a black and white world, 
Her true colours show.
Dark shades she has on,
I lost count at 50 but I know she's one shy of 70 so oftentimes she settles for 69.

Her demons oftentimes approach my soul,
Potna!!!
Don't let the devil in.
I'm the last piece to her jigsaw,
I'm one more to her 70.

                                                         -Devante.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1AM

It's 1AM, As I think back 5 hours ago, Watching grown folks indulge in the idea of marriage. Such a beautiful thing when its true essence is given, However the case, The reverse isn't the same. I felt like a bird on a mountain top,   Looking down with a vision of that of an eagle trying to see what I can get from it. I listened as they rambled about adult jokes. A soothsayer wasn't needed as the drift in class could be told.   The song on the radio is sung along by a wife, With lyrics that seem to shred fragments of the heart. A beautiful voice but with emotion and pain littered around it. The rest said their good nights to their spouse over the phone. Standing over on my balcony as the clock is 17 minutes away from hitting 1AM, Lonely as hell, But somehow I find confidence and comfort when I seldom let my thoughts run loose, Days when they are controlled, I seem to run low on the double C. My heart seems like an uncaged beas...

Gran Torino (The Raconteur)

Gran Torino I wrote a letter to the sky, in the middle of the night, Sailing from euphoria to your heart. A beautiful destination, Never seen a place like this. Stranger now,   But someday I'll make this heart mine. I could make this heart my safe haven. Do you own this heart? I mean can you let me make a claim of your heart? I'm a mess currently, Scared to see something beautiful when I'm a mess, Cause I feel it's the right thing at the wrong time, So I consume my darkness and let your heart be my city of light. The spring boulevard, Springs me down a city of light. Like a knight, I’m your shinning amour, Shinning ever-brighter, Tranquil to serenade thy mind, A visionary to the ordinary. I'll travel to the moon and set you apart from the stars, Let me gaze at you in the beauty of the night, Travel through your galaxy and milk on your Milky Way. A shooting star at night but a treasure by day, Nothing phy...

Heaven's Angel

Countless dreams of heaven, I’ve had but never get to see the big picture in motion. She oozes of heritage that gives life, One that gives life to the dying and eternity to the living. She is of Selah, worthy to behold, You’re not of human that crown queen, But, Of goddess that make gods. I wonder what she thinks of me? I’m having not to jump the gun and move faster than my shadow. I doubt she even knows this? I doubt she even knows what she’s worth? Does she have the problem of the coloured girl? How do you define a black woman’s worthiness to herself? Perhaps I’m the missing piece for her realisation. I often say this but this time I feel it different. I hope she knows I want someone to talk to and listens, As it goes vice-versa, making for deep-level interactions. What is biology without chemistry? I crave telepathy interactions, I’m ready to risk it all again to have this. What is a bond without elasticity? And if I yet again l...