Skip to main content

Need To Know (The Raconteur).



Done saying I'm done playing,
Last time is this time,
Tired of giving a shit about people,
Been used to that my whole life.
Gave heads up on my snap at the end of 015,
Don't see the point of snapchat in 016.
Antisocial thinking it's social where people care less of how you feel but really the media making the most out of it.

Martin said no one has your back other than yourself, 
It's a lonely world when alone.
Feeling the weight of the world,
That's how you feel Martin when you try proving a point to the world other than yourself.
Focus on being a better you yesterday never saw and let your tomorrow do all the talking,
Now that's word of mouth.

A flex guy I was, thanks to the roommate back in apartment 316
You helped change my style and looks,
But it took Tunde waking me up from my slumber,
life isn't about the shoes, clothes and bottles.
Life measures so it's standard with our standards.
You need to get used to this and disregard your ego,
I'm still searching for someone that's made it from their high horse.

Damn,
And I know life often throws options at us for the test of our faith,
But in this world of ours where mistakes are made without remorse and I'm just trying to live a sane life to myself because its crazy out there.
Let's do the maths,
It's me versus myself, my mom, my dad, the fam, relatives just waiting to see you on the greener side so they can pounce on you coupled with the ones that expect your downfall, bunch of guys picking sides against ye and those I kick it with for positive yieldings,
I'm still trying to see what comes out of this.

Pray I don't lose myself finding myself,
Pray my ways aren't outweighed in this life by life,
It's a great lesson I'll never learn from if it's not coincided with my ways,
With regret I pray I don't end up with.
Lately I don't be talking much,
Lately I don't be talking much to a lot of people,
It's crazy getting acquainted to an old face,
Couple of childhood friends acting awkward and like strangers these days,
But I still keep it real with Kachi, Slake and Wemimo these days,
Though we often talk less,
I guess that's what comes with finding yourself.

And I hated it when my grandma passed in 012,
That was the last piece of string that held what I know as family,
These days it feels like Jose Mourinho and Chelsea in bad times.
I see familiar strangers when I look in the eyes of my family,
What's it worth if there's lack of genuine support and how am I supposed to act when the success comes along?
Only few can boldly ride along.
Sometimes I tell myself money changes things.
I still rebuke picking Preye's call  that Sunday afternoon in the month of August,
I could spell out something was wrong.
About pressing the answer button to that call and my instincts told me "prepare for the worst", but not enough time to pray for the best.
All I heard next was agony of cries that were sorrowful to the benign heart,
Speechless, speechless, that's how I felt.
All I wanted to hear was the voice of thee that called my name ever better than my girl back in 011, but it felt a far cry,
And when I was near and saw your corpse,
I couldn't stop flowing river,
But you're in heaven now and I know God will use you.

To the lady likened to that flower with yellow petals, I don't know how we got here,
I know it used to be beautiful but these days I still try to map out the wrongs and search for old feelings,
I can't tell if I outgrew your love or someone else loved harder than you,
Lazy love!
Sometimes I think me coming back home changed it all.
I do know your friend Ashley got a really big busy mouth that she never seals to her own person,
I suggest her next partner gets a mouth leach as she doesn't come with manual instructions.

Shoutout Sodiq, thanks for this one year, Mr Ifeanyi was right in regards a friend like you, let's keep pushing these dreams to reality.
Emmanuel, Isa, Ibrahim, Wemimo, Martin, Henry, Slake, Tunde, Suly, Kachi, Huzaifa, Akinyemi, 
I don't always communicate but I can still call you boys my boys.
At some point of this transformation, you've one way added value.
After all, one way or the other,
We got similar plans.

Just the need to know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Untitled.

See every time we went out, Everyone noticed you and kept me at bay, Like I wasn't there. I hate when it happens. I know you're well known across these lands  And I'm just a foreigner, On Strangers tide. Often time, I'll play the buster girl, Doing the who is? Call me crazy, Call me jealous, I call me greedy, But all I wanted was, The strings of our heartbeat in perfect accordance, To an unheard melody.   All of you, And all that was in your heart was my desire, Felt like it was too much to ask. I know I had gone astray, And I needed a second chance. Who doesn’t? It looked hard, everything was against me, Even my own shadow was.   The face I thought that shinned brightest, Couldn't create a spark during my dark times.  Guess I figured why I was mostly kept at bay, Just a little too late. We were untitled. 

1AM

It's 1AM, As I think back 5 hours ago, Watching grown folks indulge in the idea of marriage. Such a beautiful thing when its true essence is given, However the case, The reverse isn't the same. I felt like a bird on a mountain top,   Looking down with a vision of that of an eagle trying to see what I can get from it. I listened as they rambled about adult jokes. A soothsayer wasn't needed as the drift in class could be told.   The song on the radio is sung along by a wife, With lyrics that seem to shred fragments of the heart. A beautiful voice but with emotion and pain littered around it. The rest said their good nights to their spouse over the phone. Standing over on my balcony as the clock is 17 minutes away from hitting 1AM, Lonely as hell, But somehow I find confidence and comfort when I seldom let my thoughts run loose, Days when they are controlled, I seem to run low on the double C. My heart seems like an uncaged beas

December 6th (The Raconteur)

Words can't basically describe how this day ended, It felt like roll camera and action whereas it wasn't scripted. We all didn't come to this world to enjoy the fancy things, were her exact words repeatedly. It felt like a familiar stranger talking to you, Indirectly telling you your worries and giving you the solutions to them at the same time. It felt like a messenger from God, Similar to the ones we read about in the Holy Book. I felt bottled in her ideology but I wasn't too deep in it. She said, We are God-like, since we are made in his Imagine, And each and everyone of us has a purpose on earth, Depends on if we actually want to fulfill that purpose and if we say we don't wanna do it, The Most High has replacements in abundance. It's pretty much you could be part of the greats but you really aren't relevant. The human form is weak, Even Jesus Christ couldn't bear it anymore whilst on earth, "Father l